Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I need to be better about this

Clearly I'm behind in my blogging. So many runs since my last post. Some amazing, some not so hot.

1/24/09 - 5.42 miles, 64.47 minutes
It was a beautiful sunny Saturday morning. I called up and friend and met up with her at Greenlake. We started off at a great pace, but our "run" ended up being more of a fast walk and talk around the lake. We made one loop and I decided to do a second to get more actual running it. Great run and great conversation.

1/26/09 - 3.05 miles, 33.01 minutes
Ran at the gym. I no longer enjoy running on a treadmill. It's so much harder.

1/28/09 - 3.01 miles, 34.34 minutes
Another run at the gym.

1/31/09 - 7.04 miles, 82.14 minutes
This was my most amazing run yet. I wanted to get a 7 mile run in and am getting a little board with Greenlake so I switched it up. I ran around the outside of Magnolia, up to Discovery park, down Magnolia Blvd, down Thorndyke, cut back up and through the neighborhood and ended with one final lap around the block at home.

I was up top the hill around mile 4 and hitting a wall. I turned the corner to the most amazing view of the ocean, the sun was shining and my favorite Brandi Carlile song (Turpentine) started playing on my iPod. I was totally and completely overwhelmed by the beauty and amazing feeling that came over me. I started to cry and ran a good 2 miles on the best high ever. It was amazing. The last mile of this run was a killer as it was all up and down the steep steep hills of Magnolia, but I made it. My longest run to date. My Nike+ was reviewing my stats when all of a sudden I hear this, "This is Lance Armstrong. That was your longest workout. Congratulations." I laughed pretty hard at this, but like to think Lance and I are now BFF. My friends tell me there is more where this came from on my Nike+. Can't wait!

2/02/09 - 3.04 miles, 31.45 minutes
Sunday I was feeling a little stiff from my long run so Monday I was ready to get back out there and get those muscles moving again. Had a great quick 3 mile run around Greenlake. The sun was out and I felt great. I ran at a pretty fast pace (for me) and did not over do it.

2/03/09 - 2.88 miles, 29.20 minutes
I knew I should have rested on this day, but I also knew I would not be able to run the following night and had been trying to schedule a run with another friend and this was the night. We met up at Greenlake and about 5 seconds after we started, I quickly realized that my legs were significantly shorter then his = he runs MUCH faster then me. However I can run much longer. He slowed down and I sped up, but by the end my right hip/butt cheek was hurting. Not a great run. Looking forward to resting tonight and when I say resting, I mean standing for 4 hours at a concert. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment