Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Long Runs

I slept in this morning and did NOT feel like running. I knew I needed to, but I was not into it. After some motivating reminders from my friend Janey and the appearance of the sun, I got dressed, laced up my shoes and headed out. I decided to run the same loop around Magnolia minus the up and down hill cut through the neighborhood.

The run started out pretty rough. More walking then I would like, but at least I was out and "running." Once I slowly made it to the top of the hill and was running along the water I was feeling much better. It was colder today and the sun was not as bright which meant there was less foot traffic. On one hand it was nice to not weave in and out of as many people, but I also like seeing others along the way. It helps distract me and keep me running. If I'm about to start walking and see someone turn the corner, I'll keep running. Heaven forbid they should see me walking. :)

I also came across my new favorite running song while listening to my iPond on shuffle, Beat Control by Tilly & the Wall. It's got a great beat and the perfect amount of cheesy pop music to keep me going.

I'm glad I ran and impressed that I went for 6 miles. Thanks Janey for your reminder of how great I would feel when I was done.

02/7/09 - 6.05 miles, 70.38 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lindsay! I am so happy that my little FB push helped you out. Sometimes you really need that. I tell ya, there are days when running is the LAST thing I want to do, but then I think of all my training comrades and I get my butt out there!

    ReplyDelete