Thursday, January 1, 2009

Here We Go

Last year my friend Sunny inspired me to take up running. I have never been a runner and never thought I would be, but at the same time I wanted to prove to myself that I could do anything I put my mind to.

I started the couch to 5k running program with a goal of running a 5k by Thanksgiving. You know what, I did it! There were a few bumps along the road and at times I thought I was not going to make it, but I keep pushing forward and now I can run 3 miles without any problems. I'm a runner!!!!

I tend to become obsessed with hobbies and running has become my new obsession. I feel off if I don't run. I've become hooked on that endorphin kick from running. I've hooked myself up with some sweet shoes, recently received a Nike+ to track my progress and am about to buy a few books on running.

My next goal is to run a 1/2 marathon. I have signed up for the Seattle Rock n' Roll 1/2 marathon scheduled for June 26th and I'm really quite excited about it. My friend Sunny is running in it also, but I'm still trying to get others to run with us as well.

So this blog is more for me then anyone else. You are more then welcome to read it, but running is such a crazy and important part of my day I wanted to have someplace to track my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment