Monday, March 9, 2009

Cruise Running

Put on my running close, laced up my shoes and headed to the top deck to run around the outside track. As I was starting my warm up, Brandi Carlile and Amy Ray came walking up and set up camp in a few chairs right next to the running track. I waved and started to feel silly as I was wearing a Brandi t-shirt.

I made one quick lap (it was only a .20 mile track) and guess who started walking down the way but Josh, Tim and Phil from Brandi’s band. They set up camp at an alcove by the track that overlooked the water. I was literally freaking out. Here I was, looking not slim, sweating like crazy and the entire BCB crew was watching.

On my 4th or 5th lap, Josh pointed to me and said, “nice shirt” to which I pointed back and replied, “nice band.” I kept running while trying to act normal all the while freaking out inside. I was the only one running at the time and I kept catching Amy and Brandi watching me as I huffed and puffed by. Around mile 2 I waved at them as they smiled, waved back and told me good job, keep it up.

Finished my 3 miles while taking walking breaks on the side with out any band members. I mean, I would not want them know that I walked ever now and again. ☺ Made great time and enjoyed the amazing running experience. I mean, just look how happy I was after:



3/2/09 - 3 miles, 32.21 minutes

Ran again, but on the treadmill. Let me tell you, running on a treadmill that is moving on a boat that is moving and rocking back and forth was a lot harder then you would image. Let's just say it was my last run on the cruise.

3/4/09 - 3.03 miles, 35.10 minutes

2 comments:

  1. Should've invited Brandi back to Seattle to run the Rock and Roll with ya. Keep on rockin' in a runners world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just stumbled on this blog about a year and a half after you wrote it. I've been on Cayamo the past three years and am already booked on the 2011 event. The music is amazing and wonderful, but I think it's the surreal artist interaction, like you experienced while running, that just puts this trip over the top. I've had a few myself, and I could just knew EXACTlY how you were feeling while you were running past BCB and Amy Ray! Hope you were able to make 2010 and will make 2011 to let the wonder continue -- cheers!

    ReplyDelete